Friday, May 8, 2009

Random Events... Sleep Walking, Sprained Feet, and Arrests!

Tuesday night of this week I was busy making dinner and watching the news when a tidbit of information irked me out of my wits. Drew Peterson was signing on for a reality TV show! What?! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or throw up. What man in his right mind would use his notoriety as most famous suspected wife killer to increase his social status and wealth? It made my stomach turn with disgust. The feeling didn't go away and so I just began to pray about the situation. I didn't pray for some misfortune to come to him; I just prayed that I would find peace of mind in the midst of this and that God would begin to reveal the truth of the situation. I prayed for truth above all else to prevail so that I could be at ease (not that I intended to watch his reality TV debut but just knowing he was innocent might make it easier to come to grips with). When the news announced yesterday that an arrest and indictment had been made I cannot adequately put into words the relief I felt. The relief wasn't so much for his demise but for resolution on an issue that had long been plaguing the wives of our nation. I will continue to pray for truth on this matter. I wouldn't want someone to be falsely convicted if they didn't do anything wrong but if these women were wronged then everything inside of me cries out for justice to be served.



In other news, Naomi went for a stroll the other night... in her sleep. She went all the way downstairs to the living room, turned on the TV, laid down on the couch and just kept right on snoozing. About 1:30 am she woke up and hollered up to me... 'Mom, I'm downstairs... how'd I get down here?' Of course I panicked since I had no idea what she was doing in the living room in the middle of the night and went racing to the rescue. Half asleep and stumbling I hit the first step a little over zealous and slipped right past landing on my rump... and foot. Ouch! Well we got everything settled and back in bed, foot throbbing and all and I tried to sleep off the pain. The next day I took one look at my foot and thought for sure it was done for. It looked like a puffy purple marshmallow. After 3 xrays and more lead aprons than any one person could possibly walk under, they informed me it was not broken but badly sprained and to give it a rest for a few days. Whew... I'll take sprained over broken any day.


What to expect in an upcoming blog... an assessment of "A Theology for the Social Gospel" by Walter Rauschenbushch. I started reading this book along with another commentary on the social gospel and am learning quite a bit about that entire movement. There are many good points made but also much a disagree with. I'm sure everyone who knows me saw that coming... it's not that I want to be disagreeable but I am a very holistic thinker and if I step back and look at a picture and there are pieces that do not fit together then I must assume that I have inaccurately placed some pieces. Fortunately I don't throw the puzzle away when that happens; I simply attempt to find the errors and fix the puzzle.

Well that's about it as far as new events go this week. More updating to come soon!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ouch, that looks painful. Your foot is def more colorful than mine was. Let me know if you need anything. I'll be available next week.

Patti Downs said...

My poor baby....! I'm so sorry about that foot. You and dad have sure had your share of Purple feet this year. Thanks be to God neither one of you had broken bones. I am agreeing with you that justice really begin to be "justice" in our land and the insanity about "idolizing" all kinds of bizarre things and people would be "cast out".

I'm also looking forward to your thought on RB the social reformer. I think I will send them in a note to Dr. Currie from GCTS; I think he would love reading them. Mom